3.30.2011

exploring new transfers for a conventional oven


{eco-friendly and heavy metal free}


lauren from j.t. macmaster & son gave me some new transfers to try out. usually these have to be fired in a kiln. that meant that enamel ware would melt, so was impossible to do.
these new transfers can be fixed in my oven at home and, if fired correctly, should be dishwasher safe. i'm so excited. to experiment, i have cut the designs up to make my own. look at the process. quick and easy. i still have to fire them and pop them in my dishwasher. will let you know how that goes on twitter.


ek spring uit my vel. ek het uiteindelik 'n prosess gevind om my ontwerpe op my blikborde en bekertjies te kry. gewoonlik moet transfers in 'n steenoond gebak word. diƩ ou prosess is te warm vir emalje. soos julle kan sien is dit heel eenvoudig om die ontwerp op die borde en bekers te kry. sodra ek hulle gebak en deur die skottelgoedwasser gesit het, sal ek laat weet hoe dit gegaan het. hou twitter dop.

5 comments:

Heloise said...

Oh girl - you're to hot to handle! The possibilities could be endless...

tjou-tjou said...

} ha ha ha ha. dis ook net designers wat so liries kan raak oor 'n printing process, ne ;)

Jesse said...

Quick, wash them! I can't wait to find out how it's worked.

tjou-tjou said...

} i'm firing them tonight. will wash them tomorrow. ek hou my asem op ;)

tjou-tjou said...

} on my first attempt in the oven, the clear layer over the print changed colour. tried again at a lower temp ~ worked yay! 180 degrees for enamel ware ~ perfect. dishwasher ~ perfect. these are amazing inks.

if you missed it